- FIND YOUR KEYWORD
This isn’t groundbreaking stuff. Almost every SEO guide you’ll read starts out with finding a good keyword.
Basically it’s this:
- Find a keyword that’s highly searched in the Google Keyword Planner Tool
- Search that keyword to see what the competition is
- Find the gaps and fill them with your content.
- BUILD A SITEMAP
Here’s what a sitemap is, according to Google:
“A sitemap is a file where you can list the web pages of your site to tell Google and other search engines about the organization of your site content. Search engine web crawlers like Googlebot read this file to more intelligently crawl your site.”
- MAKE YOUR SITE MOBILE RESPONSIVE
If your site isn’t mobile responsive, you’re going to see a dip in ALL your pages — articles or otherwise.
- LOWER YOUR AVERAGE PAGE LOAD TIME
There are a lot of things that can contribute to slow load times:
- Images that are WAY too big (or un-optimized)
- Uncompressed content
- Too many background images